Thursday, June 23, 2011

Essie's Turquoise and Caicos


Hey everyone!  I recently got a new nail polish I've been loving.  It is Essie's Turquoise and Caicos.  The nail polish is a really pretty turquoise color.  I know everyone compares it to the Tiffany Blue Box, but that is basically what it looks like.  I just think it is the perfect summer color.  I got mine at Target for like $8.99.  There were so many to choose from, but I settled on this bright turquoise.  I'm really happy I got it!  Right now I have it on my finger nails and on my toe nails, I have Avon's Coral Bikini.  It's a bright coral color that's almost hot pink.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you all my favorite way to wear the Turquoise and Caicos color.

1.  Start out with a base coat.  You don't have to be neat with it because it's clear and will be covered up with pretty nail polish anyways. Just do one light coat on all of your fingers.  Let it dry completely before you start painting over it or else it can become a gross mess.

2.  Now take the Turquoise and Caicos color and do two light coats on all of your nails.

3.  Take a pretty, sparkly, metallic and paint it on your ring finger.  I used silver, but any color like gold would look really pretty, too!

4. Last step! Take a top coat and use it to set your nail polish.  This will make the colors more vibrant and prevent chipping.

Thanks for reading my post and I'll talk to you guys next time!

XOXO,
Katey

2 comments: