Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How To: Relieve Stress

Hey everyone!  So I've been feeling a little, or majorly, stressed out and sad lately.  I have decided that I'm not the only one and I wanted to share my tips with you on how to relax.  They really help and I hope they help you, too.

1. Deep Breathing- As cheesy as it sounds, it really does help. Just focus on your breathing to take your mind off of things.  Start out with inhaling for 4 counts and then exhaling for 4 counts.  Do this until it becomes almost natural.  When that becomes too easy, do the same thing only for 8 counts.

2.  Aromatherapy-  Whenever things are overwhelming, I go to my room and just light candles and sit on my bed.  I usually pick out candles that have good memories associated with them or have a calming smell to get me to calm down.

3.  Blog-  Not everyone can do this tip, but blogging and coming up with a new post helps me relax.  It gets my mind off things.  Knowing that I'm writing to people who care, makes me feel awesome.  Also, whenever I post, I want it to sound happy and cheery like I am most of the time, so when I'm sad, I have to pull off that happy and cheery feeling.  Pretending to be happy in turn, usually makes me happy.

4.  Giving Myself a Makeover-  This one is so much fun to do because once I see all my makeup, I usually forget whatever just happened and start brainstorming new eye looks.  I do one look on each eye to see which one I like best.  I look like a clown by the time I'm done, but I don't care because I had fun doing it.

5.  Going Out With Friends-  My friends are awesome. Period.  So whenever I go out with them, I have fun and just let go.  Whether it's going to the camp ground my friend owns or going to the mall, we have a good time and everything bad just slips away.  Check out one of my best friend's blog here!

Hopefully you guys can get some good use out of these tips.  Probably with in a week or so, I'll post another beauty related post.  Maybe my foundation routine?  Or maybe something having to do with summer?  I don't know, but it will be a good one!

XOXO, 
Katey

3 comments: