Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Style Secret: Beauty Edition!


Hey everyone!  After having a fabulous vacation, I wanted to update you all on my new favorite trend.  I love colored eye shadow!  I use to be really scared of wearing colored eye shadow. I was always worried that I would end up looking like a clown, but after seeing some of the different beauty gurus on Youtube do different colored eye shadow looks, I fell in love with it.  My favorite one would probably be Blair Fowler's.  I like the fact that it's colorful without being over done.  This year is definitely all about the bright shadows.  Spring was all about pastels and keeping it clean.  Summer is all about bright turquoise shadows and fall will be all about crimson and orange pigments.  You can definitely wear all these colors without it looking like it's just child's play.  If you do it right, you can look like a professional.  Just checkout Michelle Phan's rainbow eyes.  I love this look and I would definitely wear it.

 A tip I have for wearing colored eye shadows is to not go above the crease.  Just keep the colors mainly in the eyelid and crease part so it won't look too dramatic.  Another tip I have is if you have colored eye shadows that aren't as pigmented as you would like, use a white cream eye shadow or base to make the colors pop.  Since the white isn't pigmented, it won't get in the way of the natural color of the eye shadow.  What you see in the container is what you get on your lid.  

So tell me, do you love this new trend?  Let me know in the comments below! 

XOXO,
Katey

No comments:

Post a Comment