Monday, June 6, 2011

How to: The Bronze Goddess


Hey everyone!  Since summer is here, or almost here,  I decided to do a golden makeup look.  The focus point of the look is your eyes.  I think it looks best on blue eyes, but any eye color can rock it. I hope you like it!

1.  Apply a primer to your face to keep your foundation from running off.  Then apply your favorite tinted moisturizer.  I don't have a favorite so I just use the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 120.  It's light enough to wear during the summer and has a dewy finish.

2.  Next, apply a translucent powder to set your foundation.  Now take a bronzer and apply it using the "3" method.  If you don't know what that is, just basically apply bronzer to the high points of your face.  Then take your favorite blush, either cream blush or powder, and apply it on the apples of your cheeks.  The best color for this look would be a peach color. 

3.  For your eyes, apply a primer so it doesn't sweat off.  I like Two Faced Shadow Insurance.  On the inner third apply a light frosty beige.  A good shade for that would be M-A-C's Mylar.  On the rest of the lid apply a dark gold color and blend it into the crease. On the very outer edge, add a copper shade to add a little extra sparkle.  Underneath, take an eyeliner brush and brush the copper shade into your lower lash line.  

4.  Add liner on top and bottom. Same goes for your mascara. 

5.  For lips, just keep them bare or you can add a nude gloss to them.

I hope you guys like this post and let me know if you tried it out! :)

XOXO,
Katey

No comments:

Post a Comment