Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Compilation of My Beauty Tips

Hey everyone!  I'm going to do a post on some of my favorite beauty tips that I've learned over the years.  I do have a question though. Should I make this like a blogging series or just do one post on all of them?  Just tell me what you think in the comments section.  Your thoughts are appreciated!  Now for the tips...


Tip 1- How to smell better longer!



Mix your perfume with your moisturizer!  The perfume and moisturizer will mix and the moisturizer will pull the perfume down with it into the skin as it absorbs.  The result?  Good smelling skin all day!

Tip 2-  Are you stressed?  It shows!


Here are some of my favorite ways to relax:  Use aromatherapy or candles in your home- Listen to calming music at night when your going to bed- Take 20 minute walks in the evening- Take natural vitamins daily.  Just remember to smile! :)

Tip 3-  Want thicker lashes?


After curling your lashes, dust powder on them, then apply thickening mascara.  If you want extra drama, apply another layer of powder on your lashes after the first coat and apply a lengthening mascara.  Alternate if you want to. My two favorite mascaras for this would be the L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black and Maybelline's One by One Mascara.  

Tip 4- Want to make your eyes look bigger?


I have really small eyes so I've found a way to make them appear bigger.  Take a white eyeliner and apply that on your waterline instead of black eyeliner.  The white eyeliner pulls the white part of your eye down making them look bigger while the black eyeliner pulls you lash line up making your eyes appear smaller.

Tip 5- How to have higher cheekbones.


Appearing like you have higher cheekbones makes your face look more sculpted.  A really clever tip made me go "Why didn't I think of that?!"  Make a fishy face and sweep bronzer just above your natural cheekbone.  Your cheekbone is the place right above where your face sinks in when you make a fishy face.  After that, smile to find the apple of your cheek.  That's the part that sticks out when you smile.  Apply the blush a little higher then normal.  And tada! You have higher cheekbones.

I hope these tips work for you guys!  Remember to let me know in the comments below whether or not I should keep this as an ongoing series or just do one more post posting all of the ones I know.  Thanks for reading!

XOXO,
Katey





5 comments:

  1. Great tips! I'll definitely try tip3!!
    And if I were you, I'll make these a series. A few tips a post.

    http://vbeautydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll probably just make it into a series. :) Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous!!! I would definitely make this a series!

    ReplyDelete