Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quick Tips! #1

Ok, does anybody else have the problem of their lipstick not lasting long enough?  I definitely do.  I love my Viva Glam Gaga lipstick by M-A-C, but it doesn't stay on as long as I would want it to.  I have to keep reapplying it and I feel like I'm just wasting the product by doing that.  I'm going to give you guys a tip thanks to Michelle Phan that will make your lipstick stay on forever. Trust me, it works!



To get started, apply lip balm to your lips to make them smooth for easy lipstick application.  My preference would be the eos Lip Balm Smooth Sphere in Summer Fruit.  The only reason I like the Summer Fruit one is because it's the closet thing to pink they have, and it smells AMAZING! Now apply your favorite lipstick, mine being the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, to your lips like you normally would.  Then take a tissue and blot your lips.  With the tissue covering your lips after you have blotted, take a powder puff with translucent powder dusted on it and press it against the tissue covering your lips.  The powder is going to absorb the oils that will make your lipstick fade, staining the lips.  Apply another coat of lipstick to finish it off!

And there you have it!  I'm telling you guys, it really works.  I also think by doing the powder thing, it acts as some sort of plumper as well because after doing this my lips appeared to be more full.  I hope this helps you guys!

XOXO,
Katey

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know this tip from Michelle. But I never try it. Maybe I should. Sounds like it really works! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip!

    jaciwalker.blogspot.com
    Would love it if you could follow back!

    :)

    ReplyDelete