Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How to Get Rid of Dark Under Eye Circles Like a Pro!

  We all have them.  Those pesky dark under eye circles that we just can't seem to get rid of.  We all try to cover them up with our foundations, concealers, and powders, but they just won't seem to go away.  As you sleep, circulation slows down and causes fluid to collect under your eye. Dark circles and puffiness appear.  I have a couple of little tips to help you cover them up and get rid of them.  The first one is called the Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Puff Eye Roller.  This little tool gently rolls away dark circles and puffiness. It stimulates circulation around your eye area to loosen up excess fluid to get rid of dark circles and puffiness.  You just roll it back and forth one or two times under your eye from the inner corner to the outer corner.  You can even keep this in your purse and use it at other times during the day.  It's a miracle worker!
 
  My other tip is to use orange concealer. Yes, you heard me right. Orange concealer.  Dark circles are usually blue and purple. When you look at the color wheel, across from blue and purple is orange.  The orange concealer cancels out the blue and purple causing you to have a neutral shade right there where the dark circles were.  After using the orange concealer use a skin toned concealer to finish the process and set with a translucent powder.  Another concealer tip is to use green concealer to cover up red blemishes and red areas.  It's the same as the orange and blue. The green cancels out the red.  Finish with the same steps like the other concealer.  A good product is the NYX concealer jars in orange for the dark circles and green for the blemishes.  If you don't want to spend money on new concealers you can use my trick that I do when I run out of concealer.  Use an orange eyeshadow and dot it lightly over the dark circles and then cover it up with the skin toned concealer or foundation and set with the translucent powder to finish. Same goes with the blemishes.  You'll get the same results. I promise!

  I hope this helps!  If you guys have any beauty problems that you want me to try to find a solution for comment below and let me know!  Toodles!

XOXO,
Katey

5 comments:

  1. Great poste! I love the idea behind the color wheel!!! Could you tell me tricks on how to find my correct foundation without having to try on "every one in the store"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So helpful! I've been using the Neutrogena under-eye concealer and it really works well! www.cuteybeautyfashionpassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, I probably don't have enough info to make a blog post, so I'll just tell you as a comment. You can go to a makeup counter and ask one of the people there to help you find your correct shade. Then just go to a drugstore and find a shade that matches it or just buy the one at the counter. Another one is to go to a site like L'oreal's and take their foundation test to match you to the perfect product. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily! I'll have to try that one out. I'm glad you liked the post. :)

    ReplyDelete